END OF YEAR REPORT – 2018
- Hugely successful first ever Airport Day with more than 400 participants and 25 Young Eagle Flights.
- Replaced old airport lighting with an LED lighting system on a FAA grant, making the airport safer, easier to maintain and meeting our goal of net zero energy use.
- Finished the airport’s first FAA comprehensive master plan, setting a schedule of future FAA funded projects.
- Purchased and refurbished Hangar A to increase the Port’s income.
- Leased newly developed Port owned farm and orchard land to local farmers.
- Added an airport water system to enhance fire safety.
- Completed a positive year with a cohesive commission working for a safer airport, addressing community issues and keeping the Port property taxes one of the lowest in the state.