Welcome to the Port of Lopez website!
Lopez Island Airport (IATA: LPS, FAA LID: S31) is a public airport located three miles (5km) south of the village of Lopez, on the west side of Lopez Island, one of the San Juan Islands in the U.S. state of Washington. The airport is owned by the Port of Lopez.
Monthly meetings for the Port of Lopez are on the second Thursday of each month at 7PM at the Lopez Airport. Anyone is welcome to come.
Audio recordings of meetings. See Past Meeting – Minutes and Audio.
Lopez Island Airport
|IATA: LPS||FAA: S31|
|Owner||Port of Lopez|
|Elevation AMSL||209 ft/ 64 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Facilities and Aircraft
Lopez Island Airport covers an area of 50 acres (20 ha) which contains one asphalt paved runway (16/34) measuring 2,904 x 60 ft (885 x 18 m). For the twelve month period ending December 31, 2002, the airport had 31,000 aircraft operations, an average of 84 per day: 76% general aviation and 24% air taxi.
Airlines and Destinations
- Kenmore AIr (Seattle – Lake Union) 866-435-9524
- San Juan Airlines/West Isle Air (Anacortes, Bellingham) 360-378-6324
- Island Air (NW & Canada) 360-378-2376
MISSION STATEMENT: view mission statement
You may reach the Port of Lopez at:
PO Box 907
Lopez Island, WA 98261
- FAA Airport Master Record (Contact Information)
- AirNav.Com (http://www.airnav.com/airport/s31)
- Washington State DOT (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/AllStateAirports/Lopez_LopezIsland.htm)
- Lopez WSDOT WebCam http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/WebCam/LopezIsland.htm
- Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lopez_Island_Airport)