Welcome to the Port of Lopez
Mission of the Port of Lopez
To protect and improve the social, natural and economic environments of Lopez
Island through responsible management of the Port’s public assets.
The Port District boundaries encompass all of Lopez Island.
- The Port owns a total of 93.26 acres, which includes the Lopez Airport, surrounding safety buffers, the Shark Reef Rental House and property, and Bayview Day Park on Fisherman Bay.
Monthly meetings for the Port of Lopez.
- The second Thursday of each month, 7PM at the Lopez Airport. The public is welcome.
AGENDA September 13 meeting time has changed to 5:00 p.m.
Lopez Island Airport is a public airport located three miles south of the village of Lopez, on the west side of Lopez Island, one of the San Juan Islands in the state of Washington.
Lopez Island Airport Information
|IATA: LPS||FAA: S31|
||Qualifications for FAA AIP funding:
|Lopez Island Airport covers an area of 90.2 acres|
|Public General Aviation Airport (Basic Catagory).||Maintenance and operations funded by Port income and local property taxes.|
|Owner||Port of Lopez|
|Location||Lopez Island, Washington, USA|
|Elevation MSL||209 ft/ 64 m|
|Coordinates||48°29’02” N 122°56’16” W|
|Length||2,904 ft., with full length parallel taxilane|
|Surface||Asphalt (Excellent condition)|
|Approach information: PAPI’s and REIL’s on both ends of runways.|
Airlines and Destinations
- San Juan Airlines http://sanjuanairlines.com/ (Anacortes, Bellingham) 360-378-6324
- Island Air http://sji-islandair.com/ (Anacortes, Bellingham, Seattle, Port Townsend, Everett, Skagit & Canada) 360-378-2376
- Kenmore Air https://www.kenmoreair.com/ (Seattle – Lake Union, Victoria, Inside Passage) 866-435-9524 Note: Seaplanes land at Fisherman Bay
You may reach the Port of Lopez at:
- (360) 468-4116
- PO Box 907
- Lopez Island, WA 98261